As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to perform the exercise
- Always check to make sure that when you re-rack the weight the platform is securely locked to avoid injury
- Make sure that you do not lock your knees. Your torso and the legs should make a perfect 90-degree angle.
The leg press primarily works your quadriceps with the added benefit of working your calves, glutes, and your hamstrings. It not only strengthens your leg muscles, but it also helps firm up your butt.
CAUTION: If you’re a beginner, or not in optimal shape for exercise, start slowly! Consult a physician before starting a new exercise regimen.
- Never jerk your body when doing this exercise.
- Squeeze your abs when working out to maximize the effects of this exercise.
- Start slow, you will build endurance over time.
- The leg press is a variation of the standard squat and is very effective for targeting your quadriceps.
- Variations of the leg press include using only one leg on the machine at a time and changing your foot stance on both the single-leg variation and the standard two-leg method.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.