I found this little gem after starting my first detox. I read about Dr. Alejandro Junger’s detox regimen, and thought it was awesome. HIs recipes are also delicious. This recipe was adapted from Dr. Junger’s French toast recipe, and it is delicious!
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cup coconut oil
- 2 to 3 slices gluten-free bread
- Whisk eggs, coconut milk and spices in a large shallow dish.
- Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat an
- While the skillet warms, add bread into the egg mixture 1 slice at a time. Allow both sides to absorb a lot of the moisture.
- Carefully transfer the bread slices onto the skillet and cook until golden brown.
- Once cooked through, cut each slice of bread in half, top with favorite syrup or natural toppings
This recipe was adapted from: Dr. Junger’s French toast recipe