Dairy-Free Spinach and Cheese Omelette
I love omelettes! There are so many ways to make a great omelette that it’s hard to decide what to put in. My favorite omelette add-in options are baby spinach, chives, cheese, asparagus, onions and Oscar Myer all natural deli turkey or chicken. For this omelette, I chose to add onions, chives, and baby spinach, but you can choose your own favorite omelette ingredients and make this your very own recipe.
- 4 large organic eggs
- ⅓ cup of dairy-free cheese
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp of chives optional
- ⅓ cup chopped baby spinach
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- salt substitute or to taste
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- a pinch of your fav. salt substitute optional
- Crack each eggs in a medium size bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper, half a tablespoon of the chopped chives with a small amount of the dairy free cheese (just less than ¼ as the rest will go on the omelette) in the bowl.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and set aside.
- Meanwhile melt a tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium size frying pan on low-medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and baby spinach, and sautee until they become soft and translucent.
- Once veggies are done transfer them into the bowl with the eggs, giving the mixture another whisk.
- Add a little more coconut oil to pan and pour the egg mixture into the frying pan to cook for a few minutes until almost set.
- While the egg begins to set, carefully lift the sides of the egg mixture. Do this until the top of the omelette becomes firm/set.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the omelette.
- Use an egg lifter to fold the omelette in half
- 10. Allow the omelette to cook until it's lightly browned.
- 11. Serve immediately!
Recipe adapted from: That Girl Cooks healthy