Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a sneaky snack if I’ve ever seen one. Tell me these don’t look delicious. You can say it, but it won’t be true. I’m licking my fingers already.
- 3/4 cups of old fashioned oats measured before blending into a flour (OR for paleo SUB almond flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter for paleo sub almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil softened
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix/cream the egg with the coconut sugar, vanilla, softened coconut oil, and peanut butter.
- In a larger bowl mix the dry ingredients- oat flour (blend your oats in a high speed blender until a flour consistency is reached), salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together thoroughly. The batter will be fairly wet and sticky.
- Add in the chocolate chips and refrigerate the batter for 10 minutes to make it easier to work with. (You can skip this step, it’s just a messier operation if you skip it)
- Form 1″ balls and place on greased cookie sheet (I used coconut oil to grease the sheet).
- Bake at 350 degree F for about 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before removing.