Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a sneaky snack if I've ever seen one. Tell me these don't look delicious. You can say it, but it won't be true. I'm licking my fingers already.
- 3/4 cups of old fashioned oats measured before blending into a flour OR for paleo SUB almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter for paleo sub almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil softened
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl mix/cream the egg with the coconut sugar, vanilla, softened coconut oil, and peanut butter.
In a larger bowl mix the dry ingredients- oat flour (blend your oats in a high speed blender until a flour consistency is reached), salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together thoroughly. The batter will be fairly wet and sticky.
Add in the chocolate chips and refrigerate the batter for 10 minutes to make it easier to work with. (You can skip this step, it's just a messier operation if you skip it)
Form 1" balls and place on greased cookie sheet (I used coconut oil to grease the sheet).
Bake at 350 degree F for about 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
Allow to cool a few minutes before removing.