Egg Muffin Cups
These healthy muffin cups are amazing! They have less than 60 calories, and are downright delicious. I usually make 6 to 12 at a time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 whole red pepper finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach – roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
- 1/2 bunch chopped asparagus with bottom stems removed
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 5 organic eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- Salt substitute ((optional))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl and set aside
- Grease a non-stick muffin pan with olive oil or olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine seasonings
- Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped red pepper, spinach and asparagus to skillet
- Sprinkle with half the seasonings
- Saute 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender
- Add in minced garlic.
- 10. Remove from heat.
- 11. Combine eggs and cooked vegetables
- 12. Pour the egg/vegetable mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- 13. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
14. Cool slightly and serve immediately!