How to perform the exercise
Planks have been proven to be one of the most effective exercises to target abdominal muscles. Planks help condition and train your core, which strengthens your abs.
Plank jacks work your abs and your obliques, with the added benefit of getting your heart rate up. So, not only are plank jacks an ab exercise, but they’re also a cardio exercise. However, if you’re not using the proper form when doing planks, you won’t see the results you expect.
CAUTION: If you’re a beginner, or not in optimal shape for exercise, start slowly! Consult a physician before starting a new exercise regimen.
- Do planks everyday to build endurance.
- Planks help reduce back pain by strengthening your core.
- Doing planks properly helps improve balance.
- Start slow, you will build endurance over time.
- The spiderman plank, is a variation of the standard plank and is also very effective for targeting abdominal muscles.
- Another popular variation of the plank is the side plank because it works so many muscles at once.