How to do a Spiderman plank
- Don’t overexert your Muscles
- Form is important
What is a Spiderman plank?
Spiderman Planks are a variation of the traditional plank. For traditional planks, once in the proper plank position, you simply hold the position for the desired amount of time. For Spiderman planks, once in the proper plank position, you bring your knees up toward your elbows one at a time.
Planks have been proven to be one of the most effective exercises to target abdominal muscles. Planks help condition and train your core, which strengthens your abs. So be sure to include both of these kinds of planks in your workout.
CAUTION: If you’re a beginner, or not in optimal shape for exercise, start slowly! Consult a physician before starting a new exercise regimen.
How to Get the Most out of Your Spiderman Plank Workout
- Use the proper form when doing planks or you won’t see the results you expect.
- Having comfortable shoes and an exercise mat helps you do more reps.
- Do planks every day to build endurance.
- Planks help reduce back pain by strengthening your core.
- Doing planks properly helps improve balance.
- Start slow, you will build endurance over time.
Spiderman Plank Variations
Another popular variation of the plank is the plank jack because it works all of the major muscles in the abdomen.
Another popular variation of the plank is the side plank because it works so many muscles at once.