This asparagus and egg scramble is the perfect morning pick me up for your body and for your taste buds. Not only do asparagus and eggs taste great together, they provide a wealth of nutrients and vitamins.
Asparagus and Egg Scramble
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/3 bunch chopped asparagus with bottom stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoning ((recipe below))
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- salt substitute (optional)
- Scramble eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to skillet.
- Add asparagus and half the seasonings.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until asparagus is tender, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining olive oil
- Then add scrambled eggs and the remaining seasonings.
- Stir continuously for about 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are done.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from: Skinny Ms. Asparagus and egg scramble recipe.